What is Crimbo limbo I hear you ask? “Crimbo limbo” is a lighthearted way of describing the six day period stretching from Boxing Day to New Year’s Eve. It's a unique pocket of time that if you are lucky enough to have off work can be an amazing opportunity to relax, recharge and take stock after the madness of Christmas. It could also be a bit boring/overwhelming/lonely depending on your circumstances, however, there are plenty of ways to make the most of this time and ensure that you start the new year feeling refreshed and positive.
One way to beat the post-Christmas blues is to focus on your wellness. This could mean taking a long walk in nature, making something, practicing some gentle yoga or meditation, or simply enjoying a relaxing bath. Prioritising your physical and mental well-being can help you feel more energised and optimistic about the days ahead.
Another way to make the most of the Crimbo Limbo period is to get creative with some craft projects. Whether you enjoy Embroidery, cross stitch, knitting, painting, or scrapbooking, taking the time to create something with your hands can be a great way to unwind and express yourself. Plus, you'll have a beautiful finished product to show for your efforts!
Finally, it's important to remember that there's no one "right" way to get through this time. If you feel like spending a few days binge-watching your favourite TV shows or reading a good book, that's perfectly okay! The most important thing is to focus on doing what makes you happy and helps you feel rested and rejuvenated. With a positive attitude and a bit of self-care, you can emerge from the Crimbo Limbo period feeling ready to take on whatever the new year has in store
Top tips for the "Crimbo Limbo" period:
- Get outside and get some fresh air. Even a short walk or some time in your garden can help to refresh your mind and boost your mood.
- Use the time to catch up with friends and family that you might not have had time to see over the festive period. Arrange a coffee or a brunch date to stay connected.
- Learn a new skill, crafting can be really therapeutic and learning something new will banish that productivity guilt! See our top 5 craft activities below.
- Treat yourself to some self-care. Whether it's a bubble bath, a massage, or a yoga class, taking care of yourself can help you to feel refreshed and ready for the year ahead.
Top 5 Craft Activities for crimbo limbo:
- Embroidery and cross stitch. Of course this would be top of our list! Great for keeping your hands busy while you watch Home alone for the seventeenth time.
- Floristry. Get out in the garden or whilst you are out on a winter walk maybe collect some foliage and make a winter wreath or vase display.
- Scrapbooking. This is a great way to preserve the memories from Christmas and create something beautiful at the same time.
- Sewing. Why not update your wardrobe or home with something 'me made'?
- Candle making. This is a fun and easy craft activity that can also make your home smell amazing.
Wellness and Relaxation:
- Practice mindfulness. This involves paying attention to the present moment and focusing on your breath. It can help to reduce stress and improve mental clarity.
- Take a warm bath with bath salts. This can help to soothe sore muscles and promote relaxation.
- Practice yoga or meditation. These activities can help to promote relaxation and reduce stress.
- Treat yourself to a massage or a spa day. This is a great way to relax and unwind.